Maxwell Hammer's shared items

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Kids Show Host Fired For Having Opinions


I watch this show with my two-year old sometimes. First, let me say that Melanie is hot. Sure she's cute and seems to really like doing the kids show stuff, but any dad will look at her and wonder what she's like naked.

She was fired by PBS for once having done a tv skit.


One of the clips, called "Technical Virgin," is a funny (if not gut-busting) take on the idiocy of abstinence campaigns. In it, the fresh-faced Martinez announces seriously: "I've got big plans for my future: a good college, a career, maybe even my own business someday. But one thing I'm not planning on is getting pregnant. That's why I choose anal sex. I mean sure, it hurts a little, and I wind up walking funny for a day or two. But I think my future's worth it."



First, is there anything in that clip that's not true or bad advice for those who don't want to have children too soon? No, there's not. Sure she'd be better off having oral sex, since it doesn't hurt, but whatever cranks your tractor.

Let's start a PBS boycott until they hire Melanie back. I know there are a lot of you out there with kids. Let them watch Nickolodeon instead.

No comments: