Maxwell Hammer's shared items

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Something else to hate


Heres something else to hate, if you're running out of ideas.

About 9 months ago I got a free ipod from one of those free ipod sites. Yes, it acutally worked. But that's a whole other scam they pulled that I won't go into now.

So about 3 months after I recieved it, it starts crashing. At first only once a day or so. But then every hour. And then, every 5 songs or so. This is unacceptable. So I go to the ipod site to try to find out how to fix it. I do all they say. Reinstall the software, format the hard drive, everything. Nothing works. So I try to send it in for service and it's going to be about 300 bucks to fix it.

Why can't I have someone else fix it? Why can't I do it myself? Because Apple is full of secrets and shit. Its supposed to still be under warranty, but I have to pay for it. Everything about it is a secret so that no one else can fix it. I know a good bit about computers, repair them myself, I even have had my own repair business. But can I fix this? NO! I can't even figure out how to take it apart without using a hammer and chisel. And if I did, what then? There's nothing like a normal computer inside.

Screw Apple, screw Steve Jobs, screw all this. I'm going to find the old mp3 cd player and go back to it.

Or maybe not even that. The state of modern music sucks so bad that I don't even see the point anymore.

No comments: